See all offerings by this farmer
About the Land
About the Coffee
Cordillera de Montecillos
Lempira, Catuai y Parainema
Santa Maria, Montecillos, El Naranjo
USDA NOP Organic
Fermentation and drying information:
The fermentation takes place in concrete tanks and lasts between 24 and 36 hours at an average temperature of 24-26 ° C.
The coffee is pulped in Penagos pulping machines and is deposited in fermentation tanks with a layer of thickness no more than 50 cm. To avoid variations in the fermentation process, the coffee in the tanks is covered with banana leaves of the same farm, in order to maintain a constant temperature and accelerate the fermentation process in the tanks. The fermentation process ends when we do a test with a broomstick and introduce it into the layer of coffee in the tanks. If the stick makes a hole that is not quickly filled in by the wet coffee, this is proof enough that it is ready to be washed in the runway channel. The drying is done in solar dryers, with a duration of between 14 and 22 days at an average temperature of 26 ° C.
USDA NOP Organic
Farm Size (hectares)
Area Planted w/ Coffee
Average Age of Trees
Yield per Hectare
Trees per Hectare
Amount of Shade
We want to innovate and for this we have trained and trained, all our life we have been coffee producers, we are the third generation in my family producing coffee and we have already made changes and we want to continue making them in order to achieve long-term commercial ties with our clients.We also carry out good practices in our farm, management of plant cover, planting on terraces to prevent erosion, planting shade trees and applying organic amendments to the soil.I appreciate the trust and opportunity that has been given to us, we hope to improve and be more aware of the small details that will make our business and friendship relationship solid and lasting.
Proof that our hardwork is paying off is a pacamara lot that we evaluated this crop which obtained scores of 88 points in the SCAA format.It has been very popular and has won local competitions.Finca la Demetrio has participated in two events nationwide, which is called the best of Honduras “The late Harvest” farm the Demetrio participated in 2017 being in fifth place and in 2018 being in tenth place nationwide.As a result of having participated in this competition, the Demetrio exports Microlotes to Russia and Argentina.
*May have been hastily translated. Pardon spelling or grammatical errors.
18/19 Harvest Report
Overall quality was very good and production was average. With lower prices continuing on for a few years now, regionally there is less fertilization and less farm upkeep like pruning, shade management, and leaf rust control.
in the Grower's words
The challenges for Finca la Colocha are the following:
• Innovate different fermentation and beneficiation processes, using appropriate tools and equipment to handle scientific and statistical data at each stage of my coffee process.
• Build more solar dryers with controlled temperatures, thus prolonging the drying and therefore the duration of my coffee in the cellar.
• I want to keep my clients well informed about the processes I carry out in my coffee.
• I believe that our processes are carried out even with traditional and traditional technology, our goal is to innovate using appropriate equipment and tools to better document our processes in coffee, but we are already working on that.
• I want to thank Adam, for trusting and giving me the opportunity for coffee from La Colocha farm, to reach the United States market, to thank throughout the chain those who helped make this possible and the little ones and medium roasters and final consumers who will buy my coffee, tell them that I am open to receive recommendations to continue improving and tell them that finca la colocha is a farm that year after year has been innovating to maintain and improve the quality of coffee and we will continue practicing the improvement It continues through good agricultural practices, friendly to the environment and good processes benefiting from coffee, with the aim that my coffee is a reference of quality and indicator that things are being done well from production to reach the final consumer .